Monday, August 30, 2010

Awesome Addictions

I had an AWESOME weekend, considering the circumstances of course. I started the weekend off with a raise! I had a feeling it was coming but I had been warned not to get my hopes up that it would barely be noticeable. Yeah right! I am a school secretary married to a soldier and a $180 raise is enough to get me jumping for joy. Sorry we are not as financially privileged as some. Then I got an email with a link that said "pics of our soldiers in Maine". I didn't get my hopes up because normally when there are pictures being taken Ariel is always avoiding the camera. and the person who sent it had her husband leave in another group so i didn't think Ariel would be in any pictures. to my surprise he was in 3 of them even one where he is sitting looking straight at the camera and smiling! he never smiles for pictures so i was ecstatic to see these pictures. they were public so i was able to save them to my computer which was an added plus.

But the ultimate highlight of my weekend was a weight lifted off my shoulders, literally! I have a tattoo on my shoulder that i got with Ariel before he left it says 'amor vincit omnia', love conquers all in Latin. This tattoo means the world to me, it makes me who i am, it gives me strength every morning when i look at it in the mirror. Ariel also had the same saying across his chest and in a way it gives me a greater bond to him. But, as much as i love my tattoo i also love and respect my dad and never wanted him to think any less of me, so i never told him about it. but this weekend i talked it over with my mom and we thought it would be better if she told him for me so i would be able to stop hiding. so she did, and he wasn't even mad. he said he had a feeling something was up when the last time i went to visit them i was wearing my hair down (which i don't usually do) and i didn't wear not even one tank top (which is very out of character for me). I am so relieved!

Now to the alphabet portion of my weekend. To anyone who knows even a little bit about me you would know that i have a very ADDICTIVE personality (or am obsessive but for the purpose of this exercise lets go with the first word). So I knew it wouldn't be long before i found a new addiction since i gave up so many of my old ones. mainly the ones that have to do with Ariel (wink, wink). I decided to search through netflix see if i found anything on the xbox that would let me immerse myself completely in. After about 20 minutes of debating whether classic movies or a new tv show were the way to go, i decided to give Nip/Tuck a try. Oh! was that one of the best decisions i have made recently? I am completely addicted! i have watched 20 episodes in 2 days and seriously considered pulling an all nighter to finish season 2. Responsibility got the best of me and i decided to go to bed, after one more episode, of course.

But getting a new addiction isn't all, I have decided to give up one of my old ones as well. I have struggled for years with my intense need for caffeine, mostly i have been a avid follower of the Pepsi Gods. Well technically i ran out of soda and think i would rather save the money than spend it on something that is working against all the working out i am doing. Ugh! I am still not sure about whether i will commit or not to this. Its only 10AM and my head is killing me already. But i will try not to think about it all day. worse comes to worse i found a whole bottle of sour mix and Makers Mark so, maybe a new vice will be the only way to forget the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment